If you’ve been Keto for any length of time, you know there are some basic food products that appear again and again in Keto recipes. If you are just learning about Keto, you will need at least some of these items, if not all of them, at some point in your Keto journey. I live in a small Mississippi Delta town with limited options – we have two grocery stores and a Walmart. Our Walmart carries some of these items and the grocery store carries a few, but there are several that I have to order from Amazon on a regular basis. I am going to provide Amazon links to all of these items in case you are like me and are unable to buy them locally. Honestly, there are a lot of times that I order from Amazon just for the convenience of not having to make a trip to Walmart!
Note about flours – Some recipes give the option to use either almond flour or coconut flour – just be aware that it is not a 1:1 substitution – 1 cup almond flour is equivalent to 1/4 cup coconut flour. Also, not all recipes can be made with substituting one flour for the other. Always read the recipe carefully to be sure that you can make the substitution.
- Almond Flour – I use Nature’s Eats Blanched Almond Flour in recipes calling for almond flour. Almond flour is best stored in the refrigerator and you can always find some in mine!
- Coconut Flour – I use BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Flour in recipes that call for coconut flour.
- Coconut Oil – I use Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil.
- MCT Oil – I use Sports Research Unflavored MCT Oil daily in my Bulletproof Coffee.
- Sweeteners – I use different sweeteners for different recipes. The ones I use are:
- Chocolate Chips – I use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Torani Sugar Free Syrups – I use Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup in my Bulletproof Coffee on a daily basis. I also use Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup.
- Xanthan Gum – I use NOW Real Food Xanthan Gum Powder.
- Pancake and Waffle Syrup – I use Walden Farms Pancake Syrup.
- BBQ Sauce – I use G Hughes Sugar Free Hickory BBQ Sauce.
- Mayonnaise – I use Duke’s Mayonnaise.
- Peanut Butter – I use Smucker’s Natural Creamy Peanut Butter.
I hope that this list will help you get started on your Keto journey. It took me some trial and error of buying products that had non-Keto ingredients so hopefully these examples will help you avoid my early mistakes!
This post contains affiliate links.