Ahhh…mornings. Before Keto, I hated getting up in the mornings. In fact, I would hit the snooze button at least 10 times before I would finally get out of bed. Now, I wake before my alarm goes off and head straight to the coffee pot. I start every morning with Bulletproof Coffee aka BPC made with regular coffee and a “BPC pod”. Each weekend, I make BPC pods for the week. I use Baby Food Storage containers to store the BPC pods in the refrigerator.
Possible BPC add-ins include:
- Butter – Grass fed Kerrygold butter is preferred. Always use real butter – no margarine allowed!
- MCT Oil – MCT Oil provides many benefits. Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) are easier to burn off , lowers blood sugar levels, increases energy levels and more. However, I must warn you about MCT Oil. When you first introduce MCT Oil into your diet, do so very slowly or stomach/bathroom issues will make you regret it! I suggest starting with 1/2 teaspoon and gradually increase it as your tolerance allows.
- Coconut Oil
- Sweetener – Be sure to use a Keto-approved sweetener such as Swerve, Pyure, Stevia, etc.
- Sugar Free Coffee Syrups – Torani Sugar Free Syrups or Skinny Syrups. My favorite is Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup.
- Heavy Whipping Cream (HWC)
- Unsweetened Original Flavor Almond Milk
Mix and match these add-ins to your own personal taste and macros.
My personal BPC Pod recipe is below.
- 2 tbsp Kerrygold Butter
- 2 tbsp Torani Sugar Free Classic Caramel Syrup
- 2 tbsp MCT Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Pyure
Store BPC Pod in 4 ounce baby food container in refrigerator until ready to use. BPC Pods can be frozen and thawed before adding to coffee.
My personal Bulletproof Coffee recipe is below.
Add BPC pod to 20 ounce insulated cup and pour a few ounces of hot coffee over it. Blend with a milk frother or immersion blender. Finish filling cup with hot coffee. Enjoy!
How do you start your mornings?
This post contains affiliate links.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.